1. Information We Collect
When interacting with the Services, you may be asked to provide us with your contact information which may include: your name, email address, company name, address and phone number. If you choose to invite a team member to our Services, we may also collect your team member’s email address so that we may send them an invite email to sign up for our Services.
When you provide payment for the Services, we will also collect payment information which may include your credit-card information, billing address, and other payment related information. We describe how payment information may be collected and processed in the “Payment Information” section below.
When you contact us directly, we may receive additional information, such as the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you interact with the Services, we may collect certain information automatically about your device and your use of the Services which may include: IP address, timestamp, information about your browser, operating system and computer or device, browser language and location information provided by your computer or device, referring URLs, pages viewed, what features of the Services are used, the frequency of your usage, and the functionality and performance of the Services. Some of this information may be collected using commonly used information-gathering technologies including cookies. This information allows us to operate the Services, conduct analysis to improve the Services, develop new features, protect the security of our Services and our customers, and provide customer support.
Our customers may submit data containing personal information into the Services which we process on our customers’ behalf. We will only process such information on our customer’s behalf according to their instructions. Any use of such personal information by us will be to: provide the Services to the customer, address technical issues, support the customer, respond to a customer request, or as required by law. Our customers decide what data to submit, and the customer is responsible for the handling of such personal information and with compliance with any applicable data privacy laws.
You may choose to sign-in using a third-party account, such as from GitHub, Google or Microsoft. When you choose to link a third-party account with our Services, you are authorizing us to collect information about that account from the third-party account. The information we collect may include: your name, email address, and unique identifier. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should visit the privacy settings of your third-party account provider.
We may also receive information about you that is publicly available from third-party sources, and we may combine it with data that we have about you.
We may use the personal information we collect for various reasons, including:
- To provide, operate, maintain and improve the Services;
- To conduct analysis on how the Services are used in order to optimize the Services;
- To support and service your customer requests, comments and questions;
- To send you communications, including notifications, updates and other information relating to the Services;
- To process your payments and administer your account;
- To detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues, unauthorized access or use of Services, and abuse;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service, protecting legal rights, or as may be required by applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
Screener does not sell or rent personal information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We share your personal information in the following limited circumstances:
- To Screener Service Providers.We may share data with service providers who help us to provide the Services, and other business-related functions, such as: application hosting, virtual computing, data storage, customer support, email delivery, payment processing, analytics and sales and marketing processes.
- To Team Administrators.We may display personal information of team members to users who have access to manage teams.
- Safety and Legal Purposes.We may disclose your information to (i) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process, or government request; (ii) detect, prevent, or address fraud, security, or technical issues; (iii) enforce our agreements, contracts or policies; (iv) protect or defend our rights, property or safety, or that of our users, third parties, or the public; (v) respond to your requests.
- To Third-Parties Involved In A Change to Screener’s Business.We may share or transfer your information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale or similar transaction of all or a portion of our assets, or in the event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- With Your Consent.We may share your information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect and process personal information from you only where:
- You have given us consent to do so; or
- The personal information is necessary to perform a contract with you; or
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests and is not overridden by your rights.
We may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you to comply with the law.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you are a registered user of the Services, you may access the information that is associated with your account by signing-in to the Services. You are able to access, update or delete your personal information associated with your account from your Account Settings, or by emailing email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identity before we update or delete your information.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights:
- You can access, update, or request deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to further processing of your personal information in certain cases.
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain cases.
- You can ask us to send to you your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information. Note that withdrawing consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to your withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise the above rights, you can email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please allow us a reasonable time to respond to your request. We may ask you to verify your identity.
You may unsubscribe from receiving certain notification emails from us by following the instructions found at the end of the notification email. Even if you unsubscribe, we may still email you for informational, transactional, account-related, or similar purposes.
You may choose to provide us with other personal information for your profile to take advantage of certain features of the Services. But your decision to utilize these features and provide such data is voluntary.
We take precautions to ensure the security of your Personal Data. We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter your login information on the Services, all information in transit is encrypted using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. However, please understand that no method of data transmission, method of electronic storage or other security methods can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee it will be absolutely secure.